- Travel Info
Resort: Kapalai Dive Resort
Destination: Sipadan, Maldives
Duration: 6 days 5 nights
Promotion Price: USD1,300
Deposit to be collected now: USD800
- ONE way land transfer and return(SIC basis) – airport TAWAU/Hotel In Tawau to KAPALAI private jetty at Semporna – 80 minutes
- ONE way boat transfer and return(SIC basis) – KAPALAI private jetty at Semporna to KAPALAI Resort – 45 minutes Accommodation at Sipadan?KAPALAI Dive Resort
- Fresh Buffet Meals – breakfast/lunch/dinner throughout the stay
- Afternoon snacks – served at the restaurant daily
- Tea/Coffee, cold water and cordial – served throughout the day at the restaurant daily
- Snorkel around the resort – from KAPALAI Dive Centre only
- 3 guided boat dives daily – except on arrival & departure day (diver package only)
- Unlimited house reef dive in front of KAPALAI Dive Centre, this is an unguided dive & must be accompanied by buddy (diver package only)
- Night dives in front of KAPALAI Dive Centre, this is an unguided dive & must be accompanied by buddy (diver package & diver with night dive experience only)
- Tank, weight and weight belt are provided
- Flight ticket
- Diving Insurance
- Rental of diving gear
- Alcohol and soda
- Other services that are not listed here or above and might be requested by the guest.
- All bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to check in.
- All bookings has to be placed by 31st August 2015 or deposit will be forfeited.
- All bookings is subject to availability. Please kindly place booking at your earliest to select your preferred travel dates.
- Kindly email to email@example.com to place your booking
- Single supplement of USD450 required for single occupancy
- No refund, cancellation or amendments allowed upon confirmation of booking.
- Balance payment of 50% to be paid upon confirmation of preferred trip.
- In the event of no show, booking will be forfeited.
Kapalai Dive Resort is a luxury over-water resort built on stilts over the sandbanks of the Ligitan reefs and located only a few minutes by boat from world famous islands of Sipadan and Mabul.
With a combination of sun and water in a unique and serene setting with friendly staff, Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non diver alike seeking a great holiday experience.
A big western sundeck with sitting area allows divers to have an evening drink or an after-dive chat with a view of Kapalai’s fabulous tropical sunset. It is also the perfect place to share your underwater images and videos after dive. Others enjoy reading while immerse in the cooling sea breeze of Kapalai.
A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from them lies the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of the Ligitan Reefs.
Dive spots are extremely close and can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat and some of them, actually, just by swimming from the dive center pier.
Diving Courses: Yes
Diving Equipment Rental: Yes
- Snorkeling and kayaking gears
- Souvenir shop
- Game room
Sipadan Dive Holidays
Sipadan has been a very popular diving destination among Malaysian and also foreign divers. Divers from all over the world travel to Sipadan for the amazing underwater world. Most dive resorts are based in Mabul Island which is about 20 minutes away from Sipadan Island.
Located off the east coast of Sabah, the island’s ecosystem houses thousands of species of fish, hundreds of species of corals, and a great many other animals like Bumphead parrotfish, barracuda, reef sharks, as well as green and hawksbill turtles. No diver would discuss diving holidays in Malaysia without mentioning Sipadan Island.
Sipadan was made popular by Jacques Cousteau in 1989 after spending 3 months diving around the island conducting its research. Ever since, it has made its way into 1 of the top diving destination in the world.
Diving Season: All year round
Best time to visit: February – December
Visibility: 20 – 60m
Diving Behavior: Drift diving
Diving in Kapalai
Diving around Kapalai is exceedingly easy and shallow but quite spectacular: the sandy bottom and the spare coral heads host an amazing array of small, often yet-to-be classified, shamelessly colorful subjects, making the diving here an unforgettable experience.
Home to the weird and techno-colored flamboyant cuttlefish rumbling on the bottom with fluorescent waves of vermilion, purple, chocolate brown, bright yellow and blinding white, all the time waving and flourishing its paddle-shaped front tentacles like some samurai of yore, looking more like a sensuous orchid than a predatory cephalopod ; it is the domain of the invisible frogfish found in Kapalai in all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors- which despite sometimes being as large as a melon will often escape even from the most trained of wildlife spotters.
Swimming, creeping, crawling or just simply lying still on the surrounding sand bottoms, hiding among the branching colonies of the shallow surrounding coral reef, ambushing their unwary prey from the hideouts offered by the resort stilts and a few artificial reefs dotting the bottom, an amazing number of rare and unbelievably colorful species play their game of life and death, offering discrim nating visitor unsurpassed opportunities for interesting observation and macro photography for any discerning photographer.
You will need to fly from Kota Kinabalu to Tawau (45 minutes) and then take a 90 minutes land transfer to the coastal fishing town of Semporna. From here you will be transfered to Mabul Resort by a speed boat.
Below are some of the the airlines that fly to Tawau via Kuala Lumpur or Kota Kinabalu:
- Malaysia Airlines
Semporna - Resort: 10:00am, 12:30pm, 3:00pm
Resort - Semporna: 6:30am, 9:30am, 1:30pm