- Travel Info
Resort: SMART DIVERS RESORT
Destination: Sipadan, Maldives
Duration: 6 days 5 nights
Promotion Price: USD1,150
Deposit to be collected now: USD600
- Standard room only
- All food and hot beverages while at resort
- 3 boat dives per day with dive master either on Mabul, Kapalai or nearby island (Excluding arrival and departure day)
- 1 day diving trip to Sipadan
- Unlimited jetty diving
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Flight ticket
- Diving Insurance
- Rental of diving gear
- Alcohol and soda
- Other services that are not listed here or above and might be requested by the guest.
- All bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to check in.
- All bookings has to be placed by 2nd August 2015 or deposit will be forfeited.
- All bookings is subject to availability. Please kindly place booking at your earliest to select your preferred travel dates.
- Kindly email to email@example.com to place your booking
- Single supplement of USD800 requiredfor single occupancy
- No refund, cancellation or amendments allowed upon confirmation of booking.
- Balance payment of 50% to be paid upon confirmation of preferred trip.
- In the event of no show, booking will be forfeited.
- In the event where all trips within date range are fully booked before 2nd August 2015, a full refund of deposit will be given back.
The Sipadan Mabul Resort is nestled in a coconut grove on the south-east side of Mabul island overlooking the water and the world famous Sipadan Island, which is just a stone's throw away.
Sipadan Mabul Resort has a fully equipped diving center. It also has a underwater video center that provides underwater videography courses. The dive center is equipped with eight Bauer compressor and 400 units of aluminium dive tanks.
Diving Equipment Rental: Yes
Diving Courses: Yes
Number of boats: 13 fiberglass dive boats
The public buildings include a main house which is an open air pavilion where meals are taken, an air-conditioned room, called TV Room, set aside for watching satellite TV, and a huge lock-up airing shed for storing your equipment each evening. The resort also has a vinyl swimming pool and separate jacuzzi, and features beachfront lawn chairs and leaf umbrellas, a great place to relax with a drink and watch the sun go down.
Diving Holiday in Sipadan
Sipadan has been a very popular diving destination among Malaysian and also foreign divers. Divers from all over the world travel to Sipadan for the amazing underwater world. Most dive resorts are based in Mabul Island which is about 20 minutes away from Sipadan Island.
Located off the east coast of Sabah, the island’s ecosystem houses thousands of species of fish, hundreds of species of corals, and a great many other animals like Bumphead parrotfish, barracuda, reef sharks, as well as green and hawksbill turtles. No diver would discuss diving holidays in Malaysia without mentioning Sipadan Island.
Sipadan was made popular by Jacques Cousteau in 1989 after spending 3 months diving around the island conducting its research. Ever since, it has made its way into 1 of the top diving destination in the world.
Diving Season: All year round
Best time to visit: February – December
Visibility: 20 – 60m
Diving Behavior: Drift diving
Mabul has gain international recognition as one of the best macro dive destination. With limited visibility and sandy bottoms, unusual little critters fill the bottom of the sea. Blue ringed octopus, mimic octopus, flamboyant cuttlefish; mantis shrimps are some of the many exotic marine life found here. An artificial reef is also to be found along the east side of the island.
Diving Season: All year round
Best time to visit: April – October
Visibility: 5 – 15m
Smart Divers Resort Unlimited Jetty Diving
The UNLIMITED JETTY DIVING mentioned in the inclusion are dives from Mabul’s House Reef and includes night diving (without divemaster and boat). Tanks, weights and weight belt are provided; all other equipment must be brought by the diver or rented. These dives must be arranged in advance.
We have daily boat going to the dive sites, which is about 15 to 30 minutes boat ride. Dive sites and diving schedule will be arranged at the discretion of the resort management. All diving at Sipadan Island is subject to entry permit approval.
You will need to fly from Kota Kinabalu to Tawau (45 minutes) and then take a 90 minutes land transfer to the coastal fishing town of Semporna. From here you will be transfered to Mabul Resort by a speed boat.
Below are some of the the airlines that fly to Tawau via Kuala Lumpur or Kota Kinabalu:
- Malaysia Airlines
Semporna - Resort: 10:00am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm
Resort - Semporna: 6:30am, 11:00am, 2:00pm